BBM Black Berry Messenger, also known as BBM, is an antidote internet-based instant messenger and videotelephony application included on BlackBerry devices that allow messaging and voice calls between BlackBerry, iOS, Android, and Windows Mobile users. BBM Chat app is now officially released for Android platform with new features and UI.
Well for using BBM you should be aware of the compatibility of the app with devices, it supports only smartphones running Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich and later that have a screen size of 7in or less.
BBM provides high level of security for its users. Ths is why people use BBM over other social messaging apps. and Now the App is also available for iOS and Android Devices.
Finally, Blackberry is going to launch their BlackBerry Messenger (BBM) solution Android devices later this summer. Soon users of Apple and Android devices will also get to share photos and voice notes, and engage in BBM Groups, through Blackberry’s priority technology. Executive Vice President Andrew Bocking said “For BlackBerry, messaging and collaboration are inseparable from the mobile experience, and the time is definitely right for BBM to become a multi-platform mobile service. BBM has always been one of the most engaging services for BlackBerry customers, enabling them to easily connect while maintaining a valued level of personal privacy. We’re excited to offer iOS and Android users the possibility to join the BBM community.”
How to get BBM Black Berry Messenger on Android
Download the app from Google Play Store.
Step 1. Open the Play Store on your device or in a web browser and search for “BBM”.
The official BlackBerry BBM app is likely to be the top hit.
Step 2. Hit the ‘Install’ button followed by ‘Accept’ to download and install BBM.
Step 3. Alternatively you can go to www.bbm.com from your built-in browser.
Step 4. Open the app. Once BBM is installed, open it by tapping the icon on your home screen or app menu. If you’re still in the Play Store, just click ‘Open’
After opening the app you will be prompted to login or create a new account, if you already have a BlackBerry ID you can login using the same username and password. Log in to BBM.
If not, then you can create a new one. Either way, once you’re logged in, you can start messaging all your friends and family who are on BBM.
BBM Black Berry Messenger Download for Android and iOS
You can also add BBM users with their BBM PIN or share yours with others.
You can discover the new BBM and everything it has to offer! Millions of people around the world have discovered how BBM has changed now, your turn!
They started with the best messaging features on the planet, well its way more than messaging, sharing pictures with high speed, control and privacy you can’t get on any other instant messenger apps. It’s the closest thing to being there in person. And with great new features, getting your message across is faster and easier than ever.
Features of BBM BlackBerry Messenger:
- Free Messaging & Calls
Free voice and video calls between BBM contacts.
- Cross-Platform Video calls.
- Send and receive messages with unlimited length.
- 1-on-1 messages and group chats.
- See when your messages have been ‘Delivered and ‘Read.
- Express yourself with thousands of stickers to choose from. Hundreds of Stickers and Emoticons for every mood and emotion let you express yourself.
- Broadcast messages to all your contacts.
- BBM Store for content Purchases.
- Fully Encrypted messages (BBM Enterprise Subscription).
- TIMED MESSAGES: you can keep your conversations secret and safe! You can set a timer when you send a message or picture in a chat, and it will vanish when the timer runs out! Now free and unlimited to use.
- CHAT PRIVATELY: You can open a Private Chat with one of your contacts to remove names from the chat display and delete the chat from both devices once you’re done!
Well, these were some defined features of BBM, there are much more to explore!
Start a BBM BlackBerry Messenger chat
Step 1. On the Chats screen, tap the Start Chat icon.
Step 2. Tap a contact. If you can’t find particular contacts, they might be pending contacts or might have recently changed their name.
Step 3. Type your message.
Step 4. To add an emoticon or sticker to your message, tap The Smile icon. Do any of the following:
- To add an emoticon, tap The Emoticon icon.
- To add a sticker, tap a sticker.
Step5. To hide some of your sticker packs, tap The Settings icon. Next to the sticker pack that you want to hide, turn off the switch.
- To ping someone, tap three dots > The Ping icon.
Send pictures, Glimpse locations, or files
Depending on your device, some features might not be available.
- To attach a file, such as an appointment or a file saved in Dropbox, select one of the options.
- To take a picture, tap the camera icon.
- To record and send a voice note, tap the voice note icon.
- To send a Glimpse so the BBM contact can follow your location on a map until a specified time, tap the send a Glimpse icon. Touch the circle and slide your finger to adjust the duration from 5 minutes up to 4 hours.
Tiptop – If you receive a picture, you can tap Request HD to request a picture of a higher quality that you can save.
Start a timed conversation
Step 1. After typing a message or attaching a picture, tap The Timer icon.
Select how many seconds you want the other person to be able to view the item for.
Step 2. Tap Send or OK.
BBM BlackBerry Messenger is designed to alert you if the person takes a screenshot of the timed item.
- If you don’t want to see the Timer icon in chats, you can change your BBM settings.
Send a broadcast message
You can send the same message to multiple contacts with the broadcast message feature.
Tap The More actions icon > The Send Broadcast Message icon.
Now here we come with the characterization of the most exclusive and posh feature of the BBM.
BBM Channels is a service from that allows users and brands to create channels within BBM. Users can subscribe to the channels while the channel owners can push out custom content to subscribers.
With the help of BBM Channels, you can join conversations happening right now between people, brands, and communities.
There are many advantages of creating your own BBM CHANNEL
- You can start a BBM Channel to share your thoughts and passions with BBM users around the world.
- Then add posts, pictures, start discussions and set chat hours to connect with your subscribers.
- You can also connect with people who share your interests – like a favorite team or a band you love.
- Open, yet private interaction
with others on BBM Channels without having to add them to your BBM contact list.
- Watch your channel grow
- A built-in dashboard helps you track how subscribers are engaging with your channel.
- It is very fast and easy to start a channel from your smartphone. You’ll be up and running in just a few clicks.
- You can either choose to moderate comments on your channel or make it a private channel altogether.
Send money with PayPal for BBM CHANNELS deals.
Send money to a BBM BlackBerry Messenger contact quickly and easily using PayPal!
The first time you send money to a BBM contact, you must enter your email address and PayPal password to associate your PayPal account with BBM. If you don’t have a PayPal account, you must create one before you send money.
The BBM contact you want to send money to must have the latest version of BBM installed to receive money from you. Depending on your region, this feature might not be available.
- In a chat, tap The More attachments icon.
- Tap The PayPal icon.
- If you’re sending money to a BBM contact for the first time, sign in to PayPal.
- Enter the amount of money you want to send.
- Tap Next. Follow the instructions on the screen to send money.
Well, this was a brief guide about BlackBerry messenger, hope you find it useful. I tried to cover maximum features and ways for how to explore, discover and use BBM BlackBerry Messenger. If you have any query or want to ask any question regarding how to connect the phone to TV, feel free to ask for the comment.